Thursday, June 14, 2007

Indy Kids


Here's part of an email I just received. I've taken a look at a few issues and it looks good to me. I'm told it's also used with ESL high school students, and I'm considering it for September:

IndyKids is a newspaper and teaching tool that aims to inform children on current news and world events from a progressive perspective and to inspire in kids a passion for social justice and learning. It is geared toward kids in grades 4 to 8.

For just $20 you'll receive 40 copies of each issue and a teachers guide delivered to you by mail five times per year. Individual copies are $10/year. The fee pays for mailing costs.

Visit www.indykids.net to subscribe, see previous issues and for more information.

Disclaimer: NYC Educator does not own stock in Indy Kids. However, if you wish to send me some, feel free to do so.
blog comments powered by Disqus