Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Howled Cause I Heard You


I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked,

…and I suddenly realized the value of clothing.

I mean, who cares how smart you are? Why can't you walk around the block once in a while? Or ride a bicycle?

And stop telling me you're starving, just because we ran out of potato chips. If you were starving that shirt would still fit.

And really, you ought to get some pants to go with it. This is New York City, not some bohemian nudist colony. Don't we have decency laws? How come you can never find a cop when you need one? This image will stick with me far longer than I would like.

From NYC Educator, who's very happy to be off, if just for a few days, and who's also very happy to be headed to a party with some colleagues.

This howl inspired by Jose (the only math teacher in the world who writes poetry). With apologies to Allen Ginsberg
blog comments powered by Disqus