Friday, September 18, 2009

The Entrepreneur


Jerry didn't like ice cream. This made his own mother worry about him. He was only seven, and what seven-year old doesn't like ice cream?

One day, Jerry wanted potato chips. But he'd already plowed through a whole bag, and Mom decided enough was enough. How much grease and salt could one little kid eat? She was going to go home and try to find a way to make him eat vegetables. Kids should eat vegetables.

"I want potato chips. I'll pay for them myself," volunteered Jerry.

"With what?" asked Mom.

"I have ten dollars," he informed her.

"Ten dollars? Where did you get ten dollars?"

"At school," he answered, matter-of-factly.

Mom was shocked. "How?" she demanded.

"Well, today they gave us ice cream, and I didn't want mine. So Jenny asked if she could have it. I told her she could have it for a dollar."

"Then where did you get ten dollars?" asked Mom.

"She said she only had ten dollars," answered Jerry. "I told her I'd take it."
blog comments powered by Disqus