Thursday, November 25, 2010

One Teacher's Thanksgiving Blessings

This year, I am thankful for my new job working at a school at which I feel valued, trusted, and appreciated.

I am thankful for my students, especially the one who dragged her mother in to see me at parent-teacher conferences, insisting that her mom couldn't leave until she met her daughter's favorite teacher.

I am thankful to have electronic equipment in my room that works.

I am thankful to have supplies when I need them.

I am thankful to work at a school in which actions have consequences.

I am thankful for the kids who make me laugh, because, even though my working conditions are pretty good, I can still usually use a chuckle at least once a day.

I am thankful for NYC Educator and this great blog and community for letting me observe, snark, vent, and rant.

And to all of you, the whole team here at NYC Educator (um, yes, all two of us) wishes you all of the above and more, and a very happy Thanksgiving break. Enjoy the super-long weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus