Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The New Kid

He strolled in 20 minutes late, like he owned the place. I had never seen him before.

"Excuse me?" I said. But he was too cool to answer.

He selected a seat and plopped down his bag.

"Excuse me?" I repeated.

Reluctantly he looked at me. He gave a tired sigh, weary of my ridiculous demands.

"Who are you?" I asked. Another weary sigh.

"New student," he replied.

It should be obvious. It should go without saying, Why is this idiot teacher making such endless, ridiculous demands?

"Did I say you could sit there?" I asked, getting all territorial and stuff.

The kid threw up his hands. Here I am. I told you I was new. What the heck more could you possibly want.

"May I please see your program card?"

This was too much. I mean, I take the trouble to show up here, almost on time, and this stupid teacher is nothing but demands, demands, demands. Alright, you wanna see my program? Fine. Let's put an end to this nonsense once and for all. I'm not gonna be trifled with by some New York City schoolteacher. Bill Gates says you're a bunch of losers anyway.

"You're in the wrong class. Go to the trailer on the other side."

My entire class burst into laughter. It's hard to look cool in the face of such a thing. Lost new kid muttered some incomprehensible comments so I'd know who was boss, and walked out, making several more incomprehensible comments to put me in my place once and for all.
blog comments powered by Disqus