Friday, March 30, 2012

Dueling iPads

I curse my colleague this morning. First, she has a newer iPad than I do. Mine is first-generation, a veritable antique. I may well have selected a hammer and chisel, for all it counts. How dare she own a better iPad than I do?

More to the point, she led me down the garden path. 30 minutes before parents started coming into parent-teacher conferences last night, she started praising the virtues of Angry Birds Space. In fact, she did so to the point at which I forked over two dollars and ninety-nine cents of my hard-earned-cash to buy it.

But it didn't stop there. She shared with me some of the secrets of how to conquer various alien worlds. It was revelatory. I was unstoppable. There I was, racking up points all over the universe.

Yet shortly thereafter, parents started coming in, one after the other, crushing my newfound obsession. As a matter of fact, I'm amazed to be up this morning and not playing it now. It's probably because my daughter swiped the iPad when I walked in last night.  As for my colleague, for all I know, she played Angry Birds all night last night. I was so busy I didn't even have a moment to check.

So here is my advice this morning--do not fear the Angry Birds. But more importantly, do NOT download them if you're busy doing other things! Find a quiet moment when you're facing a lot of free time (if you ever have such a thing).
blog comments powered by Disqus