Sunday, April 06, 2014

On the NYSUT Election

Congratulations to the entire Revive NYSUT team on their victory. I wish them success and a productive term. These are tough times and I want the best for every member of our state union.

It's been a ridiculous few months for me and I don't regret a single moment. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I've met great people all over the state and learned a lot about what my brother and sister unionists face every day. I've learned that most locals do not function like ours and I've seen faces of unionism that I hadn't encountered in 29 years on the job.

Last night I was shocked to meet someone I know primarily as a great bluegrass fiddler. He turns out to be the VP of a local. He leans right-wing and told me, "I never thought I'd vote for you for anything." But he voted for me nonetheless.

I thank everyone I've met along the way.  I hope to see you again one way or another.
blog comments powered by Disqus