Friday, November 13, 2015

I Ain't Gonna Work on Mulgrew's Farm No More

 With apologies to Bob Dylan

I ain't gonna work on Mulgrew's farm no more,
No, I ain't gonna work on Mulgrew's farm no more.
He don't like the slogan,
You got on your shirt,
So he punches your face and pushes it in the dirt,
He's so worked up about that Common Core,
I ain't gonna work on Mulgrew's farm no more.

I ain't gonna work for Leroy Barr no more,
No, I ain't gonna work for Leroy Barr no more.
He looks you in your face, says get out on that floor,
Says vote the way I say or you won't have that job no more,
Then he laughs as we hightail it out the door,
Oh, I ain't gonna work for Leroy Barr no more.

I ain't gonna boo at Lauren Cohen no more,
Well, I ain't gonna boo at Lauren Cohen no more.
Well she gets up on that platform, and what she says is true,
And we make lots of noise until they tell us not to boo,
It's a shame the way we bully from the floor,
I ain't gonna boo at Lauren Cohen no more.

I ain't gonna sign that loyalty oath no more,
Oh, I ain't gonna sign that loyalty oath no more.
You put on a tie, you put on a coat,
They tell you where to sit and they tell you how to vote,
Integrity or trips it's either or,
Oh, I ain't gonna sign that loyalty oath no more.

I ain't gonna go on no free trips no more,
No, I ain't gonna go on no free trips no more,
They make me go there, they make me go here,
When Gates gets on the stage, they order us to cheer,
We vote for stuff and no one knows what for,
I ain't gonna go on no free trips no more.

I ain't gonna sit here on my hands no more,
No, I ain't gonna sit here on my hands no more.
They give you a contract, they give you a few beers,
They give you a raise that you don't see for five whole years,
You ask them why and they show you the door.
I ain't gonna sit here on my hands no more.
blog comments powered by Disqus