Saturday, June 30, 2018

Psalm of Mark Janus (The Freeloader)

by Deadbeat Poet
 
The dues paying member is my shepherd,
   I shall not want.
He provideth me with rest days and vacations.
So that I may lie down in green pastures
Beside the still waters.
  
He restoreth my back pay.
He guideth my welfare without cost to me.
I stray in the paths of the non-righteous
For my money's sake.
  
Yea, though I alibi and pay no dues
From generation to generation
I fear no evil, for he protects me.
The working conditions which he provides
They comfort me.
  
He annointeth my head with the oil
  of worker's compensation.
Sick pay, holidays, and a pension.
He represents me in grievances.
  
And my cup runneth over with ingratitude.
Surely his goodness and loving kindness
Shall follow me all the days of my life
Without cost to me.
  
And I shall dwell in his house forever.
And allow him to foot the bill.

Thanks to Jonathan
blog comments powered by Disqus