Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dear Attorney General Spitzer:

I am very disappointed that you've chosen to bring suit against the TWU.

It is plainly unconscionable that the MTA, with a billion dollar surplus, offers these hard-working people less than cost of living, and demands givebacks besides.They were asked to share the pain when the MTA was broke, and it's only fair that they should share in good times as well.

I have supported you, and voted for you enthusiastically in the past. It will be very difficult for me to support you now in a primary.

I hope you will reconsider this course. I have never voted for a Republican in my life, but if Democrats are now against workers, it hardly seems worth supporting them either.

Kindly come to your senses with all due haste.

Feel free to contact NY Attorney General Eliot Spitzer yourself if you're so inclined. Feeling lazy? Copy my letter and make any changes you feel appropriate.
blog comments powered by Disqus