Thursday, June 08, 2006

Semesters of Our Lives Chapter 6


An Office Intrigue

Another meeting. Why on earth were there so many meetings? No one seemed to have much new to say. At least this time they were showing a film. It was some cartoon about two mice and their cheese. Apparently cheese was an important thing.

“Psst.”

Richard turned around.

“Hi. My name’s Jennifer.”

“Hi, Jennifer.”

“What do you teach?”

“I teach English. How about you?”

“I teach Spa-neesh”

Spa-neesh. Richard realized at that very moment that he’d always needed to meet a Spa-neesh teacher.

“How long have you been here, Jennifer?”

“Not long," she answered. "But longer than you, I think.”

“I’m brand new," Richard admitted. "Do you know what those mice are talking about?”

“I have no idea. Who cares? Did you sign the attendance form?”

“Yeah, I did.”

Jennifer looked at him for a moment before speaking. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” That was the best idea Richard had heard in some time. He followed her, happily missing the rest of the cartoon.

Next: Tier One Takes a Stand
blog comments powered by Disqus