Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Reasons to Be Thankful

To all my teacher friends and readers--you have the best job there is, sullied though it may be by parties I won't mention today. Note where their notions of how the country (and our profession) should be run have led us.

To all Americans--another party I won't mention today, the one who pardons one turkey while others are slaughtered behind her back, won't be next in succession for President of the United States.

To everyone--one of my students said, "The past is history, the future's a mystery, and today is a miracle." I'm happy to be part of that miracle, and honored that everyone reading this has come along for the ride.

I'll be on the road today, en route to a family reunion many miles away, but I wish you all a safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for?
blog comments powered by Disqus