Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Watch Your Ps and Qs (And Don't Neglect those Other Letters Either).


Schoolgal posted a comment last night that got me thinking. Now I generally hate when people do that, but it happens so often lately I probably shouldn't complain. In any case, here's the offending statement, in all its glory:

I wish teachers who comment on The Times would take the time to spellcheck.


Amen. In fact, I wish the whole world would take the time to spellcheck (though I grudgingly forgive my poor students who haven't yet learned English), and I further wish people didn't need it at all. I also feel that anyone who spells "writing" with an extra "t" should be placed in the stocks. Finally, I'd like to give a big shout-out to the guy in my Master's program who spelled "grammar" with an "e."

What a maroon. And he's probably the guy Schoolgal is talking about.

OK, I will get off my soapbox now, but feel free to weigh in on this vital issue.
blog comments powered by Disqus