Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Numbers, Tweed Style


Over at Gotham Schools, they point out a 4% rise in graduation rates. Elsewhere on the same page, they state the numbers went from 53% to 56%. Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't been in a math class for a while, but it seems to me the difference between 56 and 53 is 3.

And when you factor in other nonsense, like so-called "credit recovery," or whether Tweed actually counted dropouts, it's hard to credit even those three points. I believe the Tweedies have finally adopted the state's methodology of counting those who leave school as dropouts, but it's tough to say how they interpret those regulations.

After all, we're talking about the same people who took hundreds of millions to decrease class size, managed to increase it, yet shouted "Keep it going, NY," suggesting they actually accomplished something.

I don't believe a single statistic coming out of that place. There's liars, damned liars, and Mayor Mike's lovable Tweedies.
blog comments powered by Disqus