Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Strange Bedfellows


I've been out of town the last few days. I'm afraid I haven't had a lot of time to keep up. So imagine my surprise to read that former part-time UFT President Randi Weingarten was touring St. Louis with Arne Duncan.

Will it be a vaudeville routine?

Arne: Who's an ATR?

Randi: No, Who's suspended without pay for 90 days based on unsubstantiated allegations.

Arne: I don't know.

Randi: Oh. I Don't Know's been denied tenure for failing to raise test scores above 100%.


Then, of course, Arne would feign anguish, but smile and bow at the inevitable applause as the routine ends. Really, you've gotta wonder what the hell Duncan and Weingarten are trying to achieve, and who's persuading whom of what.

What sort of discussions do you suppose they're having?
blog comments powered by Disqus