Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year


I want to wish a happy and healthy 2010 to everyone and anyone reading this. I certainly hope for better things. Perhaps something will fall on Chancellor Klein's head, causing a synapse to connect--and he will wake up and realize that his "reforms" have done nothing whatsoever to help the 1.1 million children who attend NYC schools. Of course, that would only cause Mayor-for-life Bloomberg to give him the boot (for all the wrong reasons) and find someone even worse to take his place.

I'm on a long journey today, from London, Ontario back to freezing NY proper. It will be a relief to get back to the USA and currency I understand. In Canada, there are no more one dollar bills, only 1 and 2 dollar coins dubbed "looneys" and "tooneys" by the locals.

I'm a little looney tooney myself this morning, but all I have to do is hop in the car, and I'll be home in 12 hours or so.

See you in New York.
blog comments powered by Disqus