Thursday, June 02, 2011

As the Weather Grows Warm: A Quote Collage for the First Week of June

Climate control:


"MISS, PUT ON THE AIR CONDITIONER."
--half of my students

"MISS, TURN OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER, IT'S COLD."
--the other half of my students

"NO MISS, PUT THE AIR CONDITIONER BACK ON."
--the first half of my students

"MISS, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE [old, noisy] AIR CONDITIONER."
--the three students who are still doing their work





Cutting:

"Has anyone seen the following seventeen students who may have cut their eighth period class today?"
--me

"The following students were found on the street corner outside the school building during eighth period yesterday: [long list of students, including some of the seventeen]"
--e-mail from the deans

"Miss, I had to cut your class, my pet ferret died and my aunt who's here from Argentina for only eight hours is officiating the funeral and my brother threatened to join the Marines if I was even five minutes late for it."
--one of the seventeen students

"MISS, IT'S TOO HOT."
--one of the seventeen who is clearly not very creative

Other challenges:

"MISS, IT SMELLS IN HERE."
--anyone who ever comes into my room after it has been occupied by 25-30 teenagers

"MISS, I NEED A DRINK OF WATER."
--a thirsty/hot student OR a bored student--only an expert teacher can tell which

"MISS, I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM."
--student who went to the bathroom twenty minutes ago

"MISS, WE'RE LEAVING FOR OUR FAMILY VACATION THREE WEEKS EARLY, AM I GOING TO MISS ANYTHING?"
--student who is on the verge of failing the class

And finally...

All students: "MISS, WHEN IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL?"
blog comments powered by Disqus