Saturday, November 26, 2011

Times Are Tough All Over

I ran into the gentleman on the left while walking through our fair city. He indicated he was once largely without a care, and whenever he used to have a care, he didn't care.

He works for a once-prominent magazine, apparently, but with the advent of the internet, and high-flying executive Cathie Black slashing salaries before cutting bait to take a job in the public sector, things took a turn for the worse.

This, evidently, is the best side gig currently available to him. Like many Americans, he can't make ends meet without a second job. Black Friday, he says, was a total wash, as everyone flooded into department stores and ignored him utterly.

I gave him five bucks and wished him a better Thanksgiving next year. I told him not to worry on my account, but I don't know whether or not he took my advice.

I was actually a little surprised he didn't follow Cathie Black into the public sector. He's at least as qualified as most people in the DOE. He repeatedly insisted he generally worries about nothing whatsoever, no matter what, a highly prized quality over at Tweed.

Could we be looking at our next Chancellor?
blog comments powered by Disqus