Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's Summertime!

I suppose everyone plans to do something interesting. Me, I'm gonna do nothing interesting. I've done interesting things all year and I'm gonna find the most boring thing possible and get started with it right away. Fishing seems a good possibility. I've never actually done it, but as far as I can tell, you just sit there and wait. But not on some line or anything. It all seems very Zen.

Alternatively, I could get some reading done. I have a bunch of books on my ipad, though it somehow seems odd to me to be reading on the ipad. Isn't a pad something you should scrub your pots with, when you get right down to it? So perhaps I'll take up cooking, and see whether or not the ipad has another magical use.

Whatever you decide to do, congratulations from Miss Eyre and me on your well-earned time off. If you've put up with the nonsense hurled at us in the press, on TV, and by administrators echoing and endorsing nonsensical, stereotypical unscientific notions favored by the likes of Mayor4Life, you deserve this break and more.

We wish you a happy, healthy and fun summer! And we aren't going anywhere. We'll be right here, with our laptops at the ready.

What are your summer plans?
blog comments powered by Disqus