Friday, August 31, 2012

GOP Convention Best Obama Ad Money Could Buy

I've been tuning in and out of the convention for the past three nights. It's really mind-blowing how much these people hate teachers. Of course, they'll say we don't hate teachers. We only hate the unions. The teachers are fine, but those magical elves and wood-nymphs who populate that awful union really get on our nerves.

They trotted out people who don't fit into the Leave it to Beaver world, the Pleasantville that never was, which they long to get back to. They expect we'll believe their constituencies will be represented by a Romney administration. Actually, they will, as long as they fit into the 1%. They conveniently forget the tax rates on the rich that were around back when we were pretending Ward and the Beav represented what actually went on in our country.

I watched Clint Eastwood talk to a chair, then saw Romney talk, and couldn't decide, given an either-or contest, whether I'd vote for Romney or the chair.

I'm leaning toward Green candidate Jill Stein right now. I like her. She has reasonable ideas. Of course, I don't give her much chance of taking the election. A right-wing friend and I were having a conversation, and he was glad to hear it. "That means you won't cancel me out," he said.

Later in the day, I saw him and pointed out that NY State would almost certainly go for Obama. We then, in a moment of rare agreement, determined that it didn't make any difference who either of us voted for. Thank goodness for the wisdom of our founding fathers, who created the Electoral College!

If Barack Obama is depending on my vote to win, he may as start packing his bags and catch the next plane back to Chicago. However, the Republicans are so outrageously disingenuous and odious, I'd seriously consider voting for the highly-flawed Obama if I lived in a swing state.
blog comments powered by Disqus