Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Follow the Leader


President Bush just signed the Patriot Act. Then he stated that he was not required to obey provisions he found inconvenient.

I'd like to approach my job like that. Perhaps I'll teach only the kids in the front rows. Maybe I'll stop coming in on Tuesdays. Or perhaps I'll sleep an extra hour, and ignore the first class.

What a shame UFT President Randi Weingarten didn't think to make a signing statement when she agreed to that awful contract. I'm thinking "37.5 minute classes and potty patrols are optional."

Unfortunately for the President, two bothersome Democrats are starting to demand he follow the rules. But there's no precedent for that. I say screw the rules, and wait for this approach to trickle down to us.
blog comments powered by Disqus