Friday, May 26, 2006

Greatest Hits Collection


The principal saw a kid breathlessly running to Ms. C's class, and not for the first time. He wondered why so many students were constantly doing this, while scores of of others strolled lackadaisically to their classes, with no regard whatsoever for time.

He stopped the student, and asked, "Why does everyone run so fast to get to Ms. C's class?"

The kid looked at the principal as though he'd just fallen off the turnip truck. "Because Ms. C. smack you if you're late."

That afternoon, the principal called Ms. C. to his office.

"Ms. C., I hope you're not going to tell me that you're striking the students."

"OK," she said. "I won't tell you."

He gave her his stern look, which he'd been practicing, to great effect, in the office mirror . "You're not going to tell me you've been hitting the kids."

"Of course not," she replied. "You just asked me not to, so I won't. Excuse me, but I have to go pick up my daughter."

Ms. C. grabbed her bag and ran out. The principal went back to the mirror to practice his look, which clearly needed work.
blog comments powered by Disqus