Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thank God for Congress


Last week I pushed the play button on my answering machine, and was surprised to hear a taped message from my Congressman, Peter King. Congressman King has been in office for many years, and has never, to my knowledge, deemed such a message necessary before.

I want you to know that I will not support amnesty for immigrants!

Boy, was that a load off my mind. Those day laborers over at Dunkin Donuts frighten the heck out of me, what with their speaking Spanish and who knows what else all the time. It's good to know that by this time next year, they'll still be illegal, and I'll still be able to have them paint my house for 50 bucks a day.

Furthermore, the Star Spangled Banner should only be sung in English!

Finally, some relief, after all the sleepless nights I'd spent worrying about which language people might sing that song in.

We're blessed to have representatives who fight for the things that really matter.
blog comments powered by Disqus