Monday, July 10, 2006

It's Good to Be King


Mel Brooks said that. It wasn't during this scene, though. He was at the shooting range. He'd call "Pull!" a peasant would fly into the air, and King Mel would shoot him.

Anyway, it's also good to be principal. Well, of course women find high school principals sexually irresistable. Why do you think they decorate their homes with long wooden benches instead of sofas? But I digress. That's not the main reason. What is, you ask?

Well, if your scores go up, you get bonus pay.

One of the great things about this system is it doesn't matter how badly your school stinks. Consider this--if only one kid passed last year, and two passed this year, your ratio improved 100%. Who cares about the other 2,764 kids who flunked under your beneficent guidance? Cancellor Klein likes to accentuate the positive.

And if your school is being closed because it's a miserable, irredeemable failure, you still get a cool 5-15K for that great job you did!

I, for one, am glad the UFT opened the door to merit pay with that "lead teacher" think. I can't wait to get my paws on Mayor Mike's Millions, and frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of having to work for it.

I have my standards. And I'm absolutely ready and willing to lower them.

Thanks again to Schoolgal!
blog comments powered by Disqus