Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...


SuperSub is holding court in the teachers' room. The young teachers come in, discussing classroom problems, and he knows just what to say.

"Back in the junior high school, if a kid talked to me like that, I'd tell him to go *&%! himself. He wouldn't know what hit 'em. We didn't take any guff from the kids back then."

Another new teacher is worried not about a kid, but about an observation. Apparently it didn't go as well as he'd hoped.

"Back in the junior high school, when they did that to me, I told the supervisor to give a demonstration lesson. I never heard boo from him again, nosir. He never bothered me again, and if he did, I'd just tell him to go *&%! himself. They could never find anyone else to do my job. We didn't take any guff from the supervisors back then."

Another teacher discusses a problem with the principal. Apparently he did a walkthrough, and was not happy with what he saw.

"Back in the junior high school, we didn't care what the principal thought. Why, if he ever did that to me, I'd tell him to go *&%! himself. I'd look him right in the eye, and he knew just where he stood. We didn't take any guff from the principals back then."

SuperSub has an answer for everyone, for everything. Whatever you're going through, he's been through it, and he knows just how to handle it. We all know what he told everyone who crossed his path in the junior high school. Curiously, after over ten years of insightful war stories, no one tells SuperSub what to do with himself.

Despite all the guff we take, apparently, so freely, and from so many sources, we're too polite.
blog comments powered by Disqus