Thursday, March 05, 2009

Barney Must Die


Over at Joanne Jacobs, there's a discussion about how people want to ban Barbie (who just turned 50, if I'm not mistaken). I don't care much whether she gets banned or not. I think there are more pressing issues at hand.

To wit, why is no one trying to ban Barney the Dinosaur? I suffered through many an excruciating public-domain number from insipid Barney and his goody-two-shoe friends, and I think it's our duty to spare our students, future parents, from what we've endured. Now if you've got a toddler who's currently making you listen to that awful music, you might enjoy the Barney Fun Page, where you can use various weapons to decimate this miserable reptile.

In the long run, though, don't we owe it to future generations to do away with this menace? Could we ban him with a Constitutional amendment? Or is this a states' rights thing?

Really, something must be done.
blog comments powered by Disqus