Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Principal and the Cop


The Post had a story today about a principal who had a very colorful drunk driving escapade. It reminded me of this tale, which has very deep political and social import:

A cop stops a principal for driving erratically. He asks him to take a breathalyzer. The principal says, "Oh, no, I have asthma. I can't blow into that thing. I might have an attack!"

The cop says, , "OK, then, you can come down to the station and we'll give you a blood test."

The principal replies, "Oh, no officer, I can't do that. I'm a hemophiliac. If you make me do that, I'll bleed to death."

The cop sighs, and says, "Alright, we'll go down to the station and do a urine test."

The principal shakes his head. "I'm diabetic, and if I do that it could wreak havoc with my blood sugar."

The cop, losing patience, turns to the principal and says, "Fine. Get out of your car, and we'll see if you can walk the white line. We'll settle this right here."

"Oh, I can't do that, officer."

"Well, for goodness sakes, why not?"

"Because I'm drunk," the principal says.
blog comments powered by Disqus