Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who Wants That Job?


One of my colleagues overheard a bunch of smart girls trying to decide who to invite to the Arista installation. That's a group that lets the smart kids know how smart they are by letting them join a whole group of smart kids.

"Someone has to invite Mr. Educator," one of them said.

"But he's a pain in the neck," said another. "You can't make him do anything."

"Last year he had an excuse. He said he was working," offered one girl, with a knowing nod.

"Do you believe him?"

"Absolutely not," one of them replied instantly.

"What about you, Linda? He won't say no to you?"

"Why not?"

"Well, I've never seen him scream at you or anything."

"Okay," said Linda. "I'll ask him. But I'm not making any promises."

And it turns out I'm not working that night, for the first time I can remember, so now I have to go. I hope they have donuts. I think smart kids deserve donuts at the very least.
blog comments powered by Disqus