Friday, July 31, 2009

The Only Food Show You Need


Some days it's tough when you don't have to go to work. You develop a new appreciation for television. I've finally found a show I really like, and I want to share it with you. It's called Food Party, and it features my new favorite TV star, Thu Tran. It's sort of a combination of Gumby, Pee Wee Herman, and a demented Rachel Ray who, thankfully, has dispensed with uttering, "Yum-O."

As a bonus, rather than self-serving politicians or bobble headed celebrities promoting their new TV movies, Ms. Tran features important guests like Satan, Prince of Darkness. Are you gonna see that on Jay Leno? I think not.

It started out on the internet, and then got picked up by IFC. My feeling is this--if there were more people like Thu Tran, there would be fewer like Eva Moskowitz. To my knowledge, Eva is not featured on Food Party. That's just one thing I like about it. Now remember, don't try this stuff at home.

By the way, today is Randi Weingarten's last day as part-time UFT President. We at NYC Educator would like to suggest Ms. Weingarten spend more time watching "Food Party," as we sincerely believe it would be more helpful to teachers than whatever it was she'd been doing over the last decade or so. I'd like to take this opportunity to say goodbye to Ms. Weingarten and hello to Thu Tran.

Here's a little clip to get you started.

blog comments powered by Disqus