Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Dueling Teacher-on-Vacation Conscience

There they are. Right next to my desk here. That pile of essays I said I would grade over the vacation.

I know I should. I know I'll regret it on Tuesday morning if I don't. I have other work to do, anyway--lesson planning, meeting agenda setting. I should just take some time this afternoon and plow through them. Yes, that's what I should do.

Nahhhhh! Come on, enjoy your vacation! It's already half over! You still have 47 episodes of The Tudors left to watch on Netflix and seven dozen cookies still sitting in your kitchen! That's WAY more important!

No! Stop that. I'm going to grade those essays. Tomorrow, though. I'm just not focused enough today.

Suuuuuuure. You're going to say "Tomorrow!" for the next four days, and then it'll be Tuesday and you'll not have graded ANYTHING. Bwahahahahaha!!!

Now that's just nonsense. Of course I'll get my grading done. That's what vacations are for! To catch up on your grading!

Funny, I thought they were for catching up on sleep, friends, family, and TiVo.

Oh, come on, now. I'll feel so much better about going back to work if I can finish at least this much grading.

That new Sherlock Holmes movie is supposed to be pretty good. Say, you look tired...

Arrrrgggghhhh! WHERE'S MY GREEN PEN
blog comments powered by Disqus