Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Snow Day!

⚠️ WEATHER ADVISORY: Due to expected severe weather conditions, all New York City public schools will be CLOSED Thursday, January 4, 2018. After-school programs, adult education, YABC programs, and PSAL activities are also cancelled.

3:45 AM Thursday--The view outside my window is not very snowy. Nonetheless I give de Blasio props for going with the weather report and not making us wait until 5 AM. Later on it could be terrible.

3:55--My dog Toby came downstairs and expressed that we ought to go outside and investigate firsthand.

It's snowing pretty heavily and very windy out there. It's a good idea to stay off the roads. I'm remembering the day when Fariña declared it was beautiful because Macy's was open. I'm recalling the four hour drive home that day and wondering what on earth provoked me to go in.

7:17--After a much-needed nap, Toby the Weather Dog and I went out yet again to explore the situation. It was really windy and miserable out there. After consultation, we decided to forgo the whole walk thing and stay in the backyard. While I strongly advised Toby to do his thing so we could go back inside, he chose rather to run around the yard playing soccer with a loose ball.

We are now safely back inside and can report that it ain't fit for man or beast out there.

11:28--Toby and I ventured out once again. There are snow drifts taller than he is and he kind of jumped through them. We once again hit the backyard. It seems like there's a foot of snow out there. Toby ran a little around a small area the snow hadn't yet hit, and then kind of waddled out into the thick of things. After he conducted some important personal business, he looked around at snow drifts larger than he was. I walked to the gate, signaling him to follow.

Toby barked at me, which was his way of asking how the hell he was supposed to get out of there. I started walking toward him, and he started jumping over snow drifts. We met in the middle, I carried him back inside, and it still ain't fit for man or beast out there.
blog comments powered by Disqus