Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Edwize Post


Here's a comment I left on Edwize. They may regard it as a "personal attack" and delete it, so I thought I'd post it here as well:

We don’t need more competitive salaries. In this week’s New York Teacher, UFT President Randi Weingarten reveals that we’ve finally become comparable with the suburbs in terms of time and pay.

Oddly, I thought we worked 7 days more than they did, and were paid 10-20,000 per annum less. Doubtless I’m laboring under the outrageous misconception we are the very lowest paid and hardest working teachers in the area.

Or perhaps President Weingarten meant we’d caught up to where they were three or five years ago. Or maybe the extra days of training are regarded as “fun” days and don’t really count.

In any case, I strongly agree with (article writer) Mr. Halabi that when people use statistics to lie we must not look away, and that someone must tell the truth.
blog comments powered by Disqus