Monday, February 06, 2006

Ignorance is the Ideal Excuse

Mamacita, at the curiously named Scheiss Weekly, is constantly making me laugh. She's got a very good eye for absurdity.

Her most recent post tells of an administration that decided to deal with a pervasive school-wide smell of sewage by ignoring it.

It's remarkable how well administrators are able to pretend nothing is wrong. Politicians can do that also. My union leaders were pretty good at it when they were selling us the very worst contract I'd seen in 22 years on the job.

Me, I have no ambition or diplomatic skills whatsoever, so there go my union and administration careers. And patience I seem to have only for children.

I'm thinking, though, of getting active in the union as a sort of public nuisance. It may be my true calling.
blog comments powered by Disqus