Sunday, February 19, 2006

Notes from Brunswick, Georgia

Traveling down 95 last night, I saw a few interesting signs:

100% American owned and operated! Pets welcome.

You gotta wonder how many people are xenophobic enough to stay in a literal fleabag hotel just to make sure they don't run into any of those scary foreigners. Or this:

2400 American soldiers dead in Iraq.
11 million illegal immigrants in the United States.
Bring the soldiers home and have them protect our borders.

I find that remarkable. Even peaceniks are now xenophobes. Were they calling for the expulsion of white Protestants after Tim McVeigh blew up the federal building in Oklahoma?

One more:

20 ounce ribeye steak $9.99

I'm wondering how they sell a room like that for a price like that. Till I pass the place and see a big flashing sign that alternates the steak ad with the following:

Big tire sale--buy three get one free

I always wondered what those places did with the old tires. Now I know. They feed them to the xenophobes.
blog comments powered by Disqus