Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And Stay Out!


Cupcakes have been banned from a New Jersey elementary school, and the residents are storming the capital with pitchforks. Well, not exactly. Everyone knows you don't need a fork to eat a cupcake, let alone a pitchfork.

We're moving toward this ban in my home district, and my daughter's teacher told us cupcakes were strictly forbidden (though only at birthday celebrations). They can bring fruit, and juice, but none of those goshdarn cupcakes, which apparently are at the root of the imminent decline of western civilization.

Personally I don't eat sugar, white flour, white rice, or most junk food, but I haven't imposed these restrictions on my kid, who's thus far healthy and active.

Is this a good idea, or is it too much?

Thanks to Schoolgal
blog comments powered by Disqus