Friday, February 01, 2008

On the Greek Philosophers


I regret any dissatisfaction with posting policies. However, without posting actual IP addresses, I do know the difference between a DoE source, like the one below, used by poster "Aristotle:"

OrgName:    New York City Public Schools
OrgID: NYCPS
Address: 2 Metrotech Center
Address: Suite 3600
City: Brooklyn
StateProv: NY
PostalCode: 11201
Country: US
and an Optimum Online source, like this one used by poster "Socrates:"

OrgName:    Optimum Online (Cablevision Systems)
OrgID: OPTO
Address: 111 new south RD
City: Hicksville
StateProv: NY
PostalCode: 11801
Country: US

Call me cynical, but last I looked, that ain't Manhattan, let alone a city school. Furthermore, last I heard, Cablevision was available only on Long Island, and most certainly not in New York City public schools. Perhaps making demonstrably false claims to boost your credibility is acceptable elsewhere. Personally, though, I don't much care for it.

If you wish to discuss topics here, fine. I'm afraid posting decisions are final, and not open to discussion.