Monday, February 25, 2008

Something We Can All Agree On


I've had Sirius satellite radio in my car for about 6 months now, and I don't know how I ever got by without it. There are scores of commercial-free music channels, and if you happen to be a polka fanatic, they've probably got something just for you. They have an all Elvis channel, an all Grateful Dead channel, and they've probably got an all Fabian channel in the works. They also have a 24/7 New York traffic/weather channel. I mostly listen to channel 65.

But today, I decided to listen to Sirius Left so I could hear the propaganda I'd been craving (If right-wing propaganda is your cup of tea, they also offer Sirius Patriot). I was amazed to hear a woman with a voice that sounded like a cross between Rod Stewart and Rocky Graziano, with a New York accent that sounded like something out of a 1930s black-and-white gangster flick.

I don't know exactly what she was talking about, as I could not get past that voice. But honestly, whatever your political views, you have to respect someone with a voice like that who manages to make a living talking on the radio. I mean, sure, Neil Young makes a living singing, but you'll have to take my word for it--this woman went above and beyond.

I suppose someone, somewhere, must be listening, and I have to respect that person too. After all, suffering builds character.
blog comments powered by Disqus