Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Library


"What are you doing after school?"

"Well, a bunch of us are planning to meet at the library at about 3:30."

"How long will you be there? I might be a little late."

"Well, we usually stay till it closes."

"I saw Mr. Benchley Saturday morning. He looked like he'd been doing a lot of studying Friday night."

"Yes, Mr. Benchley studies more than just about anyone. His eyes are still red, as a matter of fact."

"Reading will do that to ya. Does Ms. Radcliffe go to the library? I never seem to see her there."

"Oh, you'd like to study with her?"

"Yes I've always wanted to study with her."

"Well, she was at the library last week. As a matter of fact, she took out a book."

"A book? Really?"

"Yes, right before closing time. And I hear she's been reading this book all week."

"All week, huh?"

"That's what I hear."

"What about Ms. Wallace?"

"She'll be at the library tonight."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Ms. Wallace loves the library. I just spoke to her and she's definitely planning to be there. So are you gonna come and study with us?"

"Oh yeah, definitely. See you there."

"OK. Three thirty. Or as soon as you can make it."
blog comments powered by Disqus